Central Alberta Hail Storms:
Intact Insurance has emergency vendors in place and adjusters on the ground to help customers that may have been affected by the recent hail storms in Central Alberta. We have set up a drive in appraisal center where customers' vehicles can be appraised and are already scheduling appointments beginning this weekend. If you are an Intact Insurance customer and need to file a claim, please call our
24 hour claims line at
If you are a Kelowna Intact Insurance customer that has been impacted by the recent fires and/or power outages and you need to file a claim, call us at:1-866-464-2424.
Did you know that at
over 24 hours without power, your food safety may be compromised?
Mitigating Further Damage To Your Home:
Without power, your fridge/freezer may start to leak. Leakage of any kind should be cleaned up as quickly as possible to avoid damage to the appliances and surrounding floor.
Please Review Your Policy:
- Just a reminder that Intact Insurance coverage in power outages only extends to items in the freezer, not the fridge, although spoilage of food in the freezer typically leads to replacement of the fridge.
- Intact Insurance pays for loss or damage to foods while contained in a freezer on your premises reulting from the failure of the freezer's refrigeration equipment caused by:
- Mechanical breakdown of the unit;
- The accidental interruption of electrical power on
or off the premises.
- Please note that this coverage also includes loss
or damage to the freezer itself, resulting from
spoilage of the foods contained within.
If you were impacted by the recent hail storms in Southern Alberta, or the fires in Kelowna, we are standing by to help you. Please call us on our 24 hour claims line at:1-866-464-2424.